Are you experiencing financial hardship and in need of pet food?
Thank you for your interest in HSSV’s Pet Pantry Program. The goal of this program is to ensure that families who love their pets can continue to care for their pets (these families are defined as “bonded families”). HSSV’s Pet Pantry supports bonded families by providing pet food to pet guardians who cannot afford to feed their pets. Sometimes, pets are surrendered to shelters simply because the guardian has lost his/her job and can no longer provide the food that the pet needs. The Pet Pantry program exists to ensure that a lack of food won’t cause a bonded family to be broken apart, due to surrendering the pet to a shelter, and to decrease stress on the humans who love their pets.
Pet Pantry is available to all bonded family residents of Santa Clara county experiencing financial hardship.
Unfortunately, prescription diets are not available at this time.
Apply to the Program
If you would like to be a part of our Pet Pantry Program, please fill out the online application. We will get back to you within 72 hours on next steps.
If you need help or would like more information about our Pet Pantry Program, please contact us.
Phone: (408) 262-2133 extension 110
Below are guidelines for participants of the program:
- Please notify the HSSV team in the event that you no longer need support so that others may be helped.
- Food distribution is every 30 days during Pet Pantry designated hours (Thurs. 12 p.m. – 1 p.m., Thurs. – Sun. 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.). Shorter exceptions or alternate pick up times may be arranged with prior discussion with HSSV staff.
- Photo identification will be shown to staff for our records.
- Food will be provided only if HSSV has food to distribute. Support given through this program is dependent on community donations.
- HSSV cannot guarantee support of additional pets acquired after entry into the program.
- Please do not sell, give away, or return to a store any pet food or supplies received through the Pet Pantry.
- HSSV reserves the right to discontinue service through its Pet Pantry program at any time, for any reason
Donate or Volunteer
Learn how you can donate to our Pet Pantry.
We’re looking for help with Pet Pantry deliveries. If you’re interested in volunteering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for information about Emergency Boarding services? Learn more.