Adoption Special for Adult Cats
It’s a Kitty Cornucopia!
$10 Adoption fee for adult cats (6+ months) through November 17.
Fill your life with an abundance of love.
How to Adopt
Looking for a new pet to add to your family is exciting. The adoption experience is made simple by our staff. We are here to help you understand the process, meet the animals, and finalize your adoption. Here’s our adoption process:
- Visit us! Stop by one of our locations or search our listing of adoptable animals. The pet you want is in foster care, you say? Not a problem! We will contact the pet’s foster parent to take next steps.
- Meet your future friend! We have some sweet setups for you to get to know your new paw pal.
- Let the experts help you! Our adoption counselors will share their insights about the animal you’re interested in taking home with you.
- Let’s go home, buddy! Start off on the right paw. We’ll review all the health and behavior information, like vaccines and training with you. Most of our animals can be taken home on the same day of adoption, but we’ll make sure those who need additional procedures, like spay/neuter surgery, get taken care of based on our evaluations. All animals must leave on a leash and collar or in a secure carrier.
Boom! You’ve just given a cat, dog, rabbit, or pocket pet a home. Good for you, now go and get your cuddles on.
|Single||Each additional||Hold Fee**|
|6+ Club for Felines||$75||$75||$35|
** Hold fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and are not applied to adoption fees.
Ongoing Special Adoption Fees
Did you know that you can sponsor the adoption fees for a needy animal? Heather and Matt Robbins adopted Abby from HSSV, and regularly come to our Milpitas Animal Community Center to sponsor the care and adoptions for animals that need it most.
Benefits Of A HSSV Adoption
Starting with excellent matchmaking services from our adoption counselors, an HSSV adoption includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- All necessary vaccines appropriate for the animal’s age and routine deworming
- Cats are tested for FeLV and FIV, kittens are tested for FeLV
- Home Again Microchip with life-time registration
- Sponsored veterinary visit and select aftercare discount through one of our partners
- Expert tips on pet care and training, including free behavior advice for the lifetime of the animal from a behavior specialist
- Post Adoption advice as your new pet adjusts to the home
- All our animals have been examined by veterinary staff and received a behavior assessment
The Cost Comparison Of Adopted Animal Vs. A “Free Pet”
A free pet may seem like a great deal, but pet care costs add up quickly. For a better value, adopt from Humane Society Silicon Valley, where adoptions include a full array of services to keep your new companion safe and healthy.
Meet adoptable animals at any of our locations! To see the animals available at each location or in foster homes, visit the links below:
Frankie was born here at HSSV and adopted as a puppy. His new family says that they are in love with his sweet, loving, and playful nature. He’s growing up to be an amazing part of the family and is even taking training classes here!Adopt a Puppy
Stormy was adopted into a home with another cat and is doing amazingly well. Her new family reports that they couldn’t be happier with their new family member! They say Stormy is the sweetest and most affectionate cat they’ve ever met.Adopt a Cat
Peter was adopted from one of our Neighborhood Adoption Centers. His family says he’s doing wonderfully, and is as active and friendly as ever!Adopt a Rabbit
Want More Success Stories?
Sign up for news to get more success stories in your inbox!