5 Steps to (Virtual) Adoption
In response to concerns around COVID-19 and current social distancing rules, our adoptions process is now virtual, with pick-up of your new pet by appointment only. This new adoption process is in place for the safety of our staff and customers. Follow our 5 easy steps to bring home a new pet to keep you company during this challenging time!
1. Sign up for a virtual appointment. An adoption counselor will contact you via email or phone to set up your video appointment time.
2. Meet your match(es)! During your virtual video appointment, you’ll get to “meet” up to 3 animals you’re interested in and learn more about them.
3. Let the experts help you! If you’re ready to adopt, an adoption counselor will walk you through more information on how to set your new pet up for success, and help you complete all paperwork and payment digitally.
4. Let’s go home, buddy! At the end of your virtual appointment, your adoption counselor will set a time for you to come pick up your pet at our Milpitas Animal Community Center (no later than the next business day). All animals must leave on a leash and collar or in a secure carrier.
5. Send us pics! We would love to see photos of your new pet settling into your home.
Boom! You’ve just given a cat, dog, rabbit, or pocket pet a home. Good for you, now go and get your cuddles on.
|Single||Each additional||Hold Fee**|
|6+ Club for Felines||$75||$75||$35|
** Hold fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and are not applied to adoption fees.
Ongoing Special Adoption Fees
Make an impact for an animal in need
Did you know that you can sponsor the adoption fees for a needy animal? Heather and Matt Robbins adopted Abby from HSSV, and regularly come to our Milpitas Animal Community Center to sponsor the care and adoptions for animals that need it most.
Benefits Of A HSSV Adoption
Starting with excellent matchmaking services from our adoption counselors, an HSSV adoption includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- All necessary vaccines appropriate for the animal’s age and routine deworming
- Cats are tested for FeLV and FIV, kittens are tested for FeLV
- Home Again Microchip with life-time registration
- Sponsored veterinary visit and select aftercare discount through one of our partners
- Expert tips on pet care and training, including free behavior advice for the lifetime of the animal from a behavior specialist
- Post Adoption advice as your new pet adjusts to the home
- All our animals have been examined by veterinary staff and received a behavior assessment
The Cost Comparison Of Adopted Animal Vs. A “Free Pet”
A free pet may seem like a great deal, but pet care costs add up quickly. For a better value, adopt from Humane Society Silicon Valley, where adoptions include a full array of services to keep your new companion safe and healthy.
Meet adoptable animals at any of our locations! To see the animals available at each location or in foster homes, visit the links below:
Stormy was adopted into a home with another cat and is doing amazingly well. Her new family reports that they couldn’t be happier with their new family member! They say Stormy is the sweetest and most affectionate cat they’ve ever met.Adopt a Cat
Peter was adopted from one of our Neighborhood Adoption Centers. His family says he’s doing wonderfully, and is as active and friendly as ever!Adopt a Rabbit
Frankie was born here at HSSV and adopted as a puppy. His new family says that they are in love with his sweet, loving, and playful nature. He’s growing up to be an amazing part of the family and is even taking training classes here!Adopt a Puppy
Want More Success Stories?
Sign up for news to get more success stories in your inbox!