Kitten Pop-Up Event
Exciting news – we’re having a Kitten Pop-Up event at our Petco Sunnyvale Neighborhood Adoption Center! Come by our Sunnvale NAC Saturday, May 28 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. to meet tons of adorbs kittens.
When: Saturday, May 28 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Petco at 160 E. El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Sign up for a dog/puppy weekend appointment!
Weekends tend to be very busy for those interested in meeting and adopting dogs and puppies. Appointments are not required to come and browse our available dogs/puppies, but due to extremely high demand on Saturdays and Sundays, there may be a 1-3 hour wait to meet or adopt a dog or puppy. We will do our best to accommodate all visitors, but to guarantee time with our adoptions counselors, please sign up for an appointment window. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
How to Adopt
Dogs, Puppies, Cats, and Kittens
Walk-in adoptions are open at our Peter Detkin and Michelle Oates Detkin Animal Community Center.
Our adoption locations and medical center will be closed on May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
- Monday-Wednesday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please note that weekends tend to be very busy for meeting dogs/puppies. Appointments are not required to come and browse our available dogs and puppies, but due to extremely high demand on weekends, there may be a 1-3 hour wait to meet or adopt a dog or puppy. We will do our best to accommodate all visitors, but to guarantee time with our adoptions counselors, please sign up for a weekend dog/puppy appointment.
Follow these easy steps to bring home your new friend:
1. Visit us! Stop by our Peter Detkin and Michelle Oates Detkin ACC during adoption hours. Weekends are very busy for meeting dogs and puppies, so if you would like to reserve a guaranteed appointment for Saturday or Sunday, sign up for a dog/puppy appointment. If the animal you’re interested in is in a foster home, follow our Diamond in the Ruff adoption process to set up an appointment to meet them.
2. Check in and browse available animals. When you arrive at our ACC, check in by scanning the QR code. You can return to the confirmation page to view your place in line to meet with an adoption counselor.
- Want to adopt a dog or puppy? Browse available dogs/puppies while you’re waiting and take note of any you’re interested in meeting. Adoptions are first-come first-serve, so if you are interested in adopting one specific animal, please let our staff know right away!
- Adopting a cat or kitten? Check in with an adoption counselor or volunteer, then visit with available cats/kittens. Adoptions are first-come first-serve, so if you are interested in adopting one specific animal, please let our staff know right away!
3. Meet your matches! If you’re meeting dogs/puppies, you’ll receive a text when an adoption counselor is available to introduce you to our available animals. Our counselors can share insights about the animal you’re interested in to help you make the perfect match. If you’re meeting cats/kittens, you are able to introduce yourself to available animals and let our staff know when you’re ready to adopt.
4. Let’s go home, buddy! If you’re ready to adopt, an adoption counselor will help you set up your new pet for success and complete all paperwork and payment. Your new pet will be ready to go home the same day! Please note that all dogs/puppies must leave on a leash and collar and cats/kittens must leave in a carrier. These items may be purchased during your visit if you do not already have them.
5. Send us pics! We would love to see photos of your new buddy settling into your home.
Rabbits and Pocket Pets
2. Sign up for an appointment via the link in the animal’s profile.
|6+ Club for Felines||$75||$75|
Ongoing Special Adoption Fees
Make an impact for an animal in need
Did you know that you can sponsor the adoption fees for a needy animal? Heather and Matt Robbins adopted Abby from HSSV, and regularly come to our Peter Detkin and Michelle Oates Detkin Animal Community Center to sponsor the care and adoptions for animals that need it most.
Benefits Of A HSSV Adoption
Starting with excellent matchmaking services from our adoption counselors, an HSSV adoption includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- All necessary vaccines appropriate for the animal’s age and routine deworming
- Home Again Microchip with life-time registration
- Sponsored veterinary visit and select aftercare discount through one of our partners
- Expert tips on pet care and training, including free behavior advice for the lifetime of the animal from a behavior specialist
- Post Adoption advice as your new pet adjusts to the home
- All our animals have been examined by veterinary staff and received a behavior assessment
The Cost Comparison Of Adopted Animal Vs. A “Free Pet”
A free pet may seem like a great deal, but pet care costs add up quickly. For a better value, adopt from Humane Society Silicon Valley, where adoptions include a full array of services to keep your new companion safe and healthy.
Meet adoptable animals at any of our locations! To see the animals available at each location or in foster homes, visit the links below:
Happy Tails! Penny (previously Rose) found her furrever family back in April. It was such a treat working with her family and we’re so happy to see Penny thrive. Just look at the size of that tennis ball!
Happy Tails! Does anyone remember this sweet face? Dennis is a spunky little guy adopted in late May and we cannot focus on anything else besides those ADORABLE eyes. Congrats to the lucky owner!
Get Puppies in Your Inbox
Sign up for news, stories, and more delivered to your inbox monthly!