Kitten Pop-Up Event
Exciting news – we’re having a Kitten Pop-Up event at our Petco West San Jose Neighborhood Adoption Center! Come by our West San Jose NAC Saturday, October 16 from 10am-3pm to meet tons of adorbs kittens.
When: Saturday, October 16 from 10am-3pm
Where: Petco at 500 El Paseo de Saratoga, San Jose
How to Adopt
Dogs, Puppies, Cats, and Kittens
Walk-in adoptions are open at our Milpitas Animal Community Center:
- Monday-Wednesday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please note that weekends tend to be very busy and there may be a wait. To reserve a time block on Saturdays and Sundays and guarantee time with our adoption counselors, sign up for an appointment window.
Follow these easy steps to bring home your new friend:
1. Visit us! Stop by our Milpitas ACC during adoption hours. Weekends are very busy, so if you would like to reserve a guaranteed appointment for Saturday or Sunday, sign up for an appointment window. If the animal you’re interested in is in a foster home, follow our Diamond in the Ruff adoption process to set up an appointment to meet them.
2. Check in and browse available animals. When you arrive at our Milpitas ACC, check in by scanning the QR code. You can return to the confirmation page to view your place in line to meet with an adoption counselor. Please note that masks are required to enter the building.
- Want to adopt a dog or puppy? Browse available dogs/puppies while you’re waiting and take note of any you’re interested in meeting. Adoptions are first-come first-serve, so if you are interested in adopting one specific animal, please let our staff know right away!
- Adopting a cat or kitten? Check in with an adoption counselor or volunteer, then visit with available cats/kittens. Adoptions are first-come first-serve, so if you are interested in adopting one specific animal, please let our staff know right away!
3. Meet your matches! If you’re meeting dogs/puppies, you’ll receive a text when an adoption counselor is available to introduce you to our available animals. Our counselors can share insights about the animal you’re interested in to help you make the perfect match. If you’re meeting cats/kittens, you are able to introduce yourself to available animals and let our staff know when you’re ready to adopt.
4. Let’s go home, buddy! If you’re ready to adopt, an adoption counselor will help you set up your new pet for success and complete all paperwork and payment. Your new pet will be ready to go home the same day! Please note that all dogs/puppies must leave on a leash and collar and cats/kittens must leave in a carrier. These items may be purchased during your visit if you do not already have them.
5. Send us pics! We would love to see photos of your new buddy settling into your home.
Rabbits and Pocket Pets
2. Sign up for an appointment via the link in the animal’s profile.
Diamond in the Ruff In-Person Adoption Process
Check out our available Diamond in the Ruff animals below! Animals available through our Diamond in the Ruff program may have specific needs or environments. Follow the steps below to sign up to adopt a Diamond in the Ruff animal:
1. Browse the list of available Diamond in the Ruff animals.
2. Visit the animal’s profile to learn more details about them and see if they might be a fit for your household
3. Fill out the form via the link in the animal’s profile and request to meet them.
4. Meet the animal! Our adoption staff will follow up in a few days to provide more information and set up an in-person appointment to meet the animal. It’s required that you wear a mask to your appointment.
5. Let the experts help you! If you’re ready to adopt after your appointment, an adoption counselor will walk you through more information on how to set your new pet up for success, and help you complete all paperwork and payment.
6. Take home your new pal! At the end of your appointment, take home your new buddy! All animals must leave with a collar or in a secure carrier.
Please note that the Diamond in the Ruff form can only be used to sign up to meet available Diamond in the Ruff animals. If you fill out the Diamond in the Ruff form and request to meet an animal that is not part of our Diamond in the Ruff program, you will not receive an appointment to meet that animal.
|6+ Club for Felines||$75||$75|
Ongoing Special Adoption Fees
Make an impact for an animal in need
Did you know that you can sponsor the adoption fees for a needy animal? Heather and Matt Robbins adopted Abby from HSSV, and regularly come to our Milpitas Animal Community Center to sponsor the care and adoptions for animals that need it most.
Benefits Of A HSSV Adoption
Starting with excellent matchmaking services from our adoption counselors, an HSSV adoption includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- All necessary vaccines appropriate for the animal’s age and routine deworming
- Home Again Microchip with life-time registration
- Sponsored veterinary visit and select aftercare discount through one of our partners
- Expert tips on pet care and training, including free behavior advice for the lifetime of the animal from a behavior specialist
- Post Adoption advice as your new pet adjusts to the home
- All our animals have been examined by veterinary staff and received a behavior assessment
The Cost Comparison Of Adopted Animal Vs. A “Free Pet”
A free pet may seem like a great deal, but pet care costs add up quickly. For a better value, adopt from Humane Society Silicon Valley, where adoptions include a full array of services to keep your new companion safe and healthy.
Meet adoptable animals at any of our locations! To see the animals available at each location or in foster homes, visit the links below:
Happy Tails! Penny (previously Rose) found her furrever family back in April. It was such a treat working with her family and we’re so happy to see Penny thrive. Just look at the size of that tennis ball!Adopt a Dog
Happy Tails! Does anyone remember this sweet face? Dennis is a spunky little guy adopted in late May and we cannot focus on anything else besides those ADORABLE eyes. Congrats to the lucky owner!Adopt a Cat
Happy Tails! If we could give an award for the best doggy head tilt, we would definitely give it to Winston! Just look at those amazingly floppy ears!Adopt a Dog
Get Puppies in Your Inbox
Sign up for news, stories, and more delivered to your inbox monthly!