It's a Puppy Palooza!
Update: Sign-ups for Puppy Palooza have ended! To apply for our virtual adoption process, please visit hssv.org/adopt.
We have a group of puppies coming from a partner shelter that needed our help. As part of our continued attempt to create accessible options and pathways to adoption, we are piloting a Virtual Puppy Palooza for this group of puppies! Follow the steps below to apply for puppies available through the Virtual Puppy Palooza.
Ready to find the puppy of your dreams? Follow these easy steps:
Sign-ups for Puppy Palooza have ended. For more info on adopting and to sign up for our virtual adoption process, please visit hssv.org/adopt.
- Browse the list of available puppies below. These puppies are all coming to us from another shelter and we have limited information on them (ex) potty training skills, leave-alone skills, cat/dog skills). The information we do have (age, sex – M for Male or F for Female, estimated breed) is noted here. All puppies will be spayed/neutered and up to date on vaccinations at the time of adoption.
- Fill out the form here and note your top two puppy choices. In order to adopt, you must also attend a Q&A call during one of the times listed on the form. During this call, you will learn how to set up your new puppy for success and what to expect when you pick up your puppy. Choose the Q&A call time and pick-up time that works for you. If none of the Q&A call times and pick-up times work for you, we encourage you to instead apply to adopt through our regular virtual appointment process. The Q&A call and pick-up time* options are:
- Q&A Call #1: 8/22, 11 a.m. -12 p.m. and Pick-Up 8/22, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Q&A Call #1: 8/22, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. and Pick-Up 8/23, 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Q&A Call #1: 8/22, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. and Pick-Up 8/23, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Q&A Call #2: 8/23, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. and Pick-Up 8/23, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Get matched with a puppy! If either puppy you choose is still available, an adoption counselor will contact you by phone on Saturday between 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. to let you know you’ve been matched with a puppy. (Please note that if you do not answer, they will move on to the next adopter and you will not be matched with a puppy.) They will also schedule you for your Q&A call.
- Attend the Q&A call and sign the paperwork! Once you’ve finished your Q&A call, our adoptions team will help you complete all paperwork and payment digitally. They will also schedule your pick-up appointment during the time range you selected in the form
- Pick up your new puppy! Come to our Milpitas Animal Community Center at your appointment time to pick up your new puppy. All puppies must leave with a collar and leash. It’s required that you wear a mask when you come pick up your puppy.
*Pick-up times are a range. You will be given a more specific pick-up appointment time within that range at the time of adoption.