Join us for some trainer-supervised fun! Your puppy will learn important play skills and bite inhibition that they can take with them into their adult lives, as well as exposure to environmental stimulus to help build confidence, assist in development and prevent fearful behavior in adulthood!
Puppy Socials Details
Where: Humane Society Silicon Valley Training Room, 901 Ames Ave, Milpitas, CA
10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Puppy Social
- First timers MUST attend this Social*
- Also for shy or fearful puppies
- Doors open 15 minutes early, and we offer 20 spots on a first-come, first served basis
- Come early, socials fill up fast!
11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Puppy Social
- The 11:00 social requires instructor approval. You must first attend a 10:00 social for consideration.
- Doors open 15 minutes early, and we offer 20 spots on a first-come, first-served basis
Fees: $10 cash at the door. No registration necessary
Puppy Social Requirements
- Puppy must be 18 weeks or under to attend Socials and up to date on vaccinations.
- Since Puppy Socials are designed to be a safe place for socialization of friendly pups, please do not use this class to work on behavioral issues such as resource guarding or aggression. We can provide referrals to help you, if you’d like!
- Please arrive early! Doors open 15 mins before the start time, and we have 20 puppy spots per Social.
- Puppy Socials may not be held due to holidays or other HSSV events. Please check the event calendar to ensure that puppy socials are being held the day you plan to attend.
- Trainers reserve the right to excuse any puppy from the social for any reason.
What to Bring with You
- BRING your Vaccination records with you. We are unable to access records for puppies adopted from HSSV.
- Your puppy on a flat buckle or clip collar (no harnesses, metal, slip collars for play)
- 4-6 foot leash (no retractable leashes)
- Lots of treats cut up very small
- Water for your pup (and a bowl if possible)
Please email DogTraining@hssv.org or call 408-262-2133 x352.
What to Expect
Is your puppy a . . .
- Party Animal: Some puppies are more outgoing than others and like to dive right on paws and mouth first! We like to make sure these puppies are paired up together to ensure they aren’t too overwhelming to other puppies.
- Wall Flower/Tiny Dancer: Some puppies may need a little time to warm up or may just be a little too small for the big party animals and we wouldn’t want them to accidentally get hurt during play time.
If it’s your first time, please come to the 10AM class. Our trainers will help determine what group your puppy best fits into so that we can help pair your puppy with the right playmates! Your puppy may start out as a wallflower and turn into a party animal after a few weeks! If not, that's totally OK too, some pups prefer to stay on the sidelines and observe.
We will also work on introductions to new objects, sights and sounds in a fun and safe environment so that your puppy can gain confidence. Owners will learn how to introduce puppies to new things slowly and how to read body language to help determine when and how to best push our puppies to try new things! This will help your puppies to grow into confident adult dogs!