Update as of 3/25/20: A message from Kurt Krukenberg, HSSV President
Today we’re with HSSV Kurt Krukenberg to give you an update on our foster program, next steps for reopening our adoptions and rescue programs, information on our online auction, and ways you can help support us in this time.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Check out our online auction, which opens Saturday, 3/28 and runs through Tuesday, 3/31.
- Donate to support our lifesaving programs.
- Drop off unopened cat/dog food and towels and blankets in the bins outside our intake lobby.
Thank you so much for your support!
Update as of 3/18/20: How You Can Help
- Foster: We are in the process of moving our animals into foster homes to make space to support our rescue partners during this time. We anticipate that more foster homes will be needed in the coming days and weeks so that we can continue to serve as a lifeline for shelters in need. Fill out this survey to be placed on our foster interest list.
- Donate to support our ongoing lifesaving work.
Update as of 3/16/20: Temporarily Closed Services
In response to Santa Clara County’s mandate to shelter in place, Humane Society Silicon Valley is temporarily suspending the following services:
- Medical Services
- Euthanasia Services
- Pet Surrender
- Training and Puppy Socials
- Pet Store
- Dog Park
- Education Programs
- Animal Loss Support Group
Our staff will continue to provide care for our shelter animals, and we will be moving as many animals as possible into temporary foster homes. We will continue to keep you updated on further changes and any needs we may have. Thank you for your support!
Update as of 3/14/20:
In response to the increasing concern regarding COVID-19, Humane Society Silicon Valley is temporarily making changes to some of our services and suspending some of our public programs. These proactive measures are being taken in an effort to keep our staff, volunteers, and customers safe, follow the recommendations of public health officials, and focus our team and resources to maximize lifesaving impact.
The following services will be modified or suspended until further notice:
- Milpitas Animal Community Center: We are remaining open and have adjusted our adoptions process to ensure we can maintain safe distances between parties at all times. Visitors will be asked to sign in to the kiosks at the front of our building and wait outside or in their cars until they are texted and asked to enter the building. Please note that wait times may be longer than usual. To view all adoptable animals ahead of your visit, please visit hssv.org/adopt.
- Neighborhood Adoptions Centers at Petco West San Jose and Petco Sunnyvale: are temporarily closed.
- Spay/neuter, vaccinations, and TNR services are temporarily suspended.
- End of Life Services: Our end of life/euthanasia services continue as usual. Visitors may be asked to wait outside to limit the number of people in our lobby at a time. Please follow signs near our intake lobby for more information.
- Lost and Found Animals: Our lost and found services continue as usual. Visitors may be asked to wait outside to limit the number of people in our lobby at a time. Please follow signs near our intake lobby for more information.
- Education Programs: Birthday parties, Scout programs, Center Tours, and Kind Kids Field Trips are temporarily suspended.
- Training and Puppy Socials: Training classes continue as usual. All puppy socials are temporarily suspended.
We are closely monitoring the situation and making real-time adjustments as needed. Please check back here for updates or sign up for email to receive updates to your inbox.
Please note that despite changes to our programs, we will continue to maintain the high standards of animal care we always provide. We have staff, volunteers, and foster families providing for our animals’ needs around the clock.
Thank you for your support,