Every dog has its day…and that day is just around the corner! At HSSV, we believe every dog deserves their time in the spotlight, especially on an occasion as sugary sweet as Valentine’s Day. After all, no one gives better sloppy kisses, endless warm hugs, and plenty of cuddle time than your ever-loyal, ever-loving, starry-eyed pooch! To help you spread the love on V-day, our biggest shelter love bugs share three easy dog treat recipes that will make your pup’s day all the more special. Sweet – let’s get started.
Kayaan’s Chunky Monkey Berry Banana Dog Treat
We expected nothing less from this very berry chunky boy! Kayaan is the perfect epitome of a gentle giant – he’s all fluffy on the outside and soft and mushy on the inside, just like his very own dog treat recipe. Dunked in a mouth-watering cream cheese topping, the Chunky Monkey Berry Banana dog cookie is perfect for occasional indulgences!
- 1.5 cups chickpea flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 10-12 ripe strawberries, puréed
- For icing: 3 tablespoons cream cheese + 2 ripe strawberries
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. In a mixing bowl combine chickpea flour, two mashed ripe bananas, and puréed strawberries with a few drops of water for a thick, gooey consistency.
3. Spoon the mixture into chunky portions on a baking tray.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the treats puff up like little muffins. Let cool.
5. Blend cream cheese and strawberries in a blender and pipe on top of the baked treats (note: cream cheese is best served in moderation!).
Kayaan is positive he’s won many, many hearts with his over-the-top, chunky monkey dog treat recipe!
Learn more about Kayaan HERE.