If you are passionate about animals and saving cats and dogs in our community - join our foster team!
We are looking for animal flow foster associates to support the rescue and foster programs. This team is essential in supporting our lifesaving mission and expanding our capacity to save more animals in our community and beyond. In this role, you will match and place animals needing care and support families in their foster journey!
In this exciting role you will:
- Gain experience growing a large foster program to support our community and extend the reach to the central valley where animals are in dire need of placement.
- Support weekly rescue transports with our shelter partners, as well as matching and placing animals in need of foster care in suitable homes in a timely manner.
- Be on the forefront of building a foster program and spearhead outreach with prospective and current foster families.
- Collaborate with internal teams to support the foster process such as the Volunteer Programs team.
- Leverage systems and communications to track animal’s path throughout their stay with HSSV including medical and behavior.
- Play a key part in working alongside highly skilled staff in our state-of-the-art shelter to make a large impact in the community and animal welfare.
- Hone your skills and learn new ones through our investment in your learning more about animal welfare.
"My family started fostering for HSSV in 2009 - I loved it so much I became a foster associate at HSSV a decade later."
When an animal crosses my path, my job is to make their lives and their time in the shelter system so much better until they can find their new family. The most rewarding aspect is witnessing the transformations of the most vulnerable animals in our care and having the opportunity to include our foster families in these miracles. We’re proud to provide amazing care, support, and community to our foster parents and animals.
– JZ, Foster Care Associate
Working with foster families and being part of the journey that foster animals take from entering into our care to adoption is a rewarding experience. Every journey from assisting a foster that is transitioning a bottled baby kitten to eating food on their own to supporting a foster family that is nursing a sick puppy back to health makes me love being on the foster team!