Planning for your pets’ future, is something that every responsible pet owner should consider. It’s not only reserved for the elderly, or those planning risky surgery. If you don’t have a family member, neighbor, or friend who agrees today to care for your pet in case you no longer can, Humane Society Silicon Valley’s (HSSV) Pet Guardianship Program is here for you.
By enrolling your pet(s) in our Pet Guardianship Program, you spare loved ones from dealing with what can be a painful pet surrender process. With our Cat Biography and Dog Biography forms, YOU tell us in advance about your pet, personality and behavior, medical needs, feeding habits, likes and dislikes, typical home life, etc. We have the information on record, so your designated friend or family member bringing him to our shelter isn’t left guessing about your pet’s preferences and needs.
All we ask is that you make an annual donation of any amount to HSSV, and include us in your will or trust. In return, we will do everything in our power to ensure your beloved pet finds the perfect new home. We would love to know more about your pet(s) and help you plan for their future.
Enrollment in Our Pet Guardianship Program is Easy!
1. Thoroughly complete a Cat Biography form or Dog Biography form (a PDF, best viewed in Adobe Reader) for each of your pets (up to 4 pets), and mail it to the address below. Keep a copy of this document with your will.
2. Designate a friend, relative, neighbor, or executor of your estate to bring your pet to HSSV if necessary.
3. Make an annual donation of any amount to HSSV.
4. Specify in your will or trust the following:
5. Keep a copy of your Biography form(s) with your will.
If your pets are bonded and should be re-homed together, you should download and complete the Companionship Supplement Form.
Please return these forms to:
Humane Society Silicon Valley
Attn: Amy Winkleblack
901 Ames Ave.
Milpitas, CA 95035
For more information on our Pet Guardianship Program, to have Cat Biography or Dog Biography forms mailed to you, or to get answers to any of your questions, please call Amy Winkleblack at 408-942-3011 (direct line), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.