Camp Counselor Volunteer Position for Teens
We are no longer accepting applications for NEW camp counselors. If you would like to be notified if a space becomes available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: "Volunteer camp counselors play a huge part in making the camper experience exciting, fun, and memorable. Camp counselors get community service hours and have an experience that will last a lifetime!"
Want to be a camp counselor? See what it's all about here:
In order to be considered for the camp counselor volunteer position, applicants must:
- Be between 14 – 18 years old
- Show maturity, be self-motivated, and dependable
- Love working with animals and kids
- Commit to a minimum of 1 camp session and attend accompanying camp counselor training
Camp Counselors will assist humane educators with the following activities:
- Prepare supplies
- Help teach activities and games
- Set up before camp and clean up after camp
- Monitor interactions between campers and animals at all times to ensure safety
- Be responsible for between 5 – 15 campers throughout the day
Camp Counselors are chosen after completing a 2-hour Group Interview at Humane Society Silicon Valley.
You may choose to attend:
Group Interview 1:
Group Interview 2:
Group Interview 3:
During the Group Interview, you will:
- Meet and get to know other prospective camp counselors
- Learn about camp and what characteristics we’re looking for in our counselors
- Work on camp-related projects and activities in a group setting
- Practice leadership, animal handling techniques, and team work
About 10 days after your Group Interview, we will call/email you and let you know if you’ve been chosen to participate in camp this year. If you aren’t chosen, we’ll let you know why, what other opportunities may be available to you, and ways you can prepare to be a camp counselor next summer.
If you are accepted as a camp counselor volunteer, we will ask you to pay the $65 non-refundable training and registration fee prior to your first day of camp.